To qualify for the Non-Metallic Mineral Processing General Permit, the facility must meet the following:
- Must be a non-metallic mineral processing facility with corresponding SIC codes listed in 9VAC5-510-170.
- Actual emissions for PM-10 must be below 99 tons. (If PM-10 cannot be quantified then PM should be used.)
- Total primary crushing capacity should not exceed 5,000 tons per hour.
- Total fuel oil consumed should not exceed 331,022 gallons per year.
Expiration of Permit:
General permits do not expire except if the general permit is modified and re-issued by the Department. At that time, the facility has a year from re-issuance of the general permit to apply and receive the new general permit.
No application fee or annual fee.
Public Participation Requirements:
General permits do not have to go through public participation.
A response to each application for coverage under the general permit will be provided within 30 days.
- Fill out a complete Form 510-1 application and Form 510-2 application spreadsheet. If the facility includes a diesel engine, fill out a complete Form 510-3 application spreadsheet.
- For new greenfield facilities, include a signed Local Governing Body Certification Form, which is located in the Form 7 application.
Send all of the completed application and application spreadsheets (with cover letter and other documents) to the appropriate regional office.