License Extension Request Instructions
Use this application to request an extension of your emissions inspector license. Emissions inspectors may be granted an extension of their license for no more than three months from original expiration date. An extension may be granted provided that the applicant has submitted appropriate justification for the delay in meeting emissions inspector licensing recertification requirements. Extensions will not be granted for those individuals who have failed the emissions inspector's course examination at Northern Virginia Community College.
After completing and saving the application, the Mobile Source Operations Section (MSOS) will be notified of your request and you will have the option of printing a copy for your records. MSOS will notify you if your request has been approved or denied.
Section 1: Licensed Emissions Inspector's Personal Information
Enter the name, address, and home phone number of the Licensed Emissions Inspector.
Section 2: License Information
Enter the Inspector ID number & license expiration date.
Section 3: Station Information
If available, enter station name where employed, work phone number, and Emissions Inspection Station Identification Number. If you don't know the emissions inspection station's identification number, then enter 1233.
Enter comments as requested to include why re-licensing requirement(s) cannot be met to your original license expiration date. If you have registered for an inspector class, include information on class registration (campus, section number and starting date).
Save the form or select "clear" to repeat data entry. When done, you may print a copy for your records if you wish.
- This application has been optimized for the following or later versions of Netscape 4.x and Explorer 4.0 java-enabled browsers.
- Complete the required fields and submit the License Extension Request Form electronically to Virginia DEQ by hitting the gray save button.
- A printable copy of the license extension request form is generated. Print a copy of the form by using the file, print feature in your browser.
- This application requires that "cookies" be enabled in your browser. The cookie is used only to keep track of your application. Virginia DEQ does not store any information through this cookie.
- If you need information or assistance, please contact the Mobile Source Operations Section at (703) 583-3900 or toll-free in Virginia at 1-800-275-3844.
This application is unavailable from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. each day so routine maintenance can be performed.
Information you provide on this site is secure.