The maps provided on the Seaside Water Trail web site are to highlight the trail routes. They are not intended for navigational use. Please obtain NOAA navigational maps when planning your trip. USGS topographic maps are also useful, but they do not show all channel markers.
The following National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Navigation Charts and United States Geological Survey (USGS) topographic maps cover the Seaside Water Trail area.
NOAA NAVIGATION CHARTS
- 12211 Fenwick Island to Chincoteague Inlet, 1:80,000
- 12210 Chincoteague Inlet to Great Machipongo Inlet, 1:80,000
- 12221 Chesapeake Bay Entrance, 1:80,000
USGS TOPOGRAPHIC MAPS
- 103985 Chincoteague, 1:100,000 - 30 X 60 Minute Map
- 103973 Cheriton, 1:100,000 - 30 X 60 Minute Map
- USGS 1:24,000 – 7.5 Minute Quadrangles
Purchase NOAA and USGS Charts and Maps
NOAA - http://noaa.gov/charts.html
USGS - http://store.usgs.gov/
For comments or questions concerning this program's web pages, contact Virginia Witmer.
This website is provided by the Virginia Coastal Zone Management Program through a Coastal Zone Management Act grant from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, US Department of Commerce.