- Program Goals
- Responsibilities of Proponent Agencies
- Responsibilities of Reviewing Agencies
- Acquisition for Construction
- Environmental Assessment (EA)
- Environmental Impact Report (EIR)
- Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
- Major State Project
- Proponent Agency
- Virginia Outdoors Plan
- Direct Impacts
- Indirect Impacts
- Cumulative Impacts
- The purposes of environmental impact reports
- The purpose of environmental impact review
WHEN TO PREPARE AND SUBMIT AN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT?
- Who is required to submit an environmental impact report?
- Which projects require an environmental impact report?
- Which projects do not require environmental impact reports?
- Can the requirement to prepare an Environmental Impact Review be waived?
- Can a federal environmental impact assessment or statement fulfill the requirement for a State Environmental Impact Report?
- What if a project changes?
ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT REVIEW PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Environmental Impact Reports must be submitted in a timely manner
- DEQ must review an Environmental Impact Report and make a statement to the Governor within
- Environmental Impact Reports may be submitted for review at any time during the calendar year
- Environmental Impact Report preparation and review should be an integral part of the project planning
CONTENT OF AN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT
- The Timetable for Review
- Summary of the Coordinated Environmental Impact Review Process
- The Environmental Impact Report must include five subjects specified by §10.1-1188
- Guidelines for Organization of the Environmental Impact Review document
- Project Identification and Description
- Affected Environment
- Impacts of the Project
- Mitigation (measures to minimize environmental impacts)
- Pollution Prevention
- Water Conservation
- Energy Conservation
- Irreversible Environmental Changes
- Guidelines for Preparing Two-Part EIRs
- Part 1: Information for site selection or site acquisition
- Part 2: Information for design and construction
- Review Responsibilities of the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Major State and Federal Permits
- Agencies Frequently Involved in Reviewing Environmental Impact Reports
- Department of Environmental Quality Regional Offices
- Schematic Representation of the State EIR Review Process
- Schematic Representation of the State Review Process for Airport Projects Subject to Virginia Department of Aviation License/Permit Requirements
- Schematic Representation of the State Review Process for Federal Projects subject to National Environmental Policy Act Requirements
- Checklist for Forest and Farmlands Protection
- Characteristics to be considered in evaluating impacts on farm and forest lands
- Checklist for Forestland Protection
- Characteristics to be considered when evaluating impacts on forestland
- Guidance for EIR Proponent Agencies Concerning Architectural and Archeological Resources
- Guidance on Necessary Information in Chesapeake Bay Preservation Areas
- Virginia Coastal Zone Management Program Enforceable and Advisory Policies
- Local Environmental Review for Highway Projects
Printer Friendly Version: Environmental Impact Review Procedure Manual **The Environmental Impact Review Procedure Manual was prepared and distributed according to the requirements of Code of Virginia §10.1-1191, which directs the Department of Environmental Quality to develop procedures governing the preparation and evaluation of required environmental impact reports for state projects.