Current list of Transporters in Virginia
Who Must Register
Any person who is in the business of transporting regulated medical waste.
Virginia Waste Management Act
Virginia Code §§ 10.1-1400 et seq.
Virginia Administrative Code 9 VAC 20-120 et seq.
Typical Requirements for Registration
Submit the following information:
- Name of the person or firm.
- Business address and telephone number of person or firm; include headquarters and local office
- Make, model, vehicle identification number (VIN), and license number of each vehicle to be used to transport regulated medical waste within the Commonwealth.
- Name, business address and telephone number of each driver who will operate in the Commonwealth
- Areas (counties and cities) of the Commonwealth in which the transporter will operate.
- Name of any other person or firm that is associated with the registering firm or any other name under which that person or firm does business.
- Name of any other person or firm using any of the same vehicles and operators.
- A copy of the signed certification required under 9 VAC 20-120-480.B.8.
- Contact DEQ Central Office (Richmond) - Division of Land Protection and Revitalization .
- Submit the information listed above.
- DEQ will issue a registration number in writing.