Mission: Clean up contaminated sites at military installations through a partnering team process.
New Success Stories
•2011 Team of the Year – Yorktown Naval Weapons Station / Wade Smith
• 2011 Awards - DEQ Staff Paul Herman and Eric Salopek received national awards from the United States Navy as members of the Naval Station Norfolk and Little Creek partnering teams.
Funding for the program is provided by the Department of Defense and the Environmental Protection Agency.
| DOD Funded Sites = 42
|| NPL Sites = 13
| Installations = 30
| FUDS = 12
Sites on the National Priorities List (NPL)
- Cheatham Annex
- Defense Supply Center Richmond
- Former Nansemond Ordnance Depot - FUDS
- Fort Eustis
- Little Creek Amphibious Base
- Langley Air Force Base
- NASA Langley
- Naval Base
- Naval Shipyard
- St. Julien's Creek
- Yorktown Naval Weapons Station
Further information on NPL sites
VA NPL Federal Facilities
VA Superfund sites
DEQ fact sheets
Please visit these links
EPA Superfund Information
EPA Superfund Clean Up Process
DEQ Federal Facility Site List
VA FUDS Management Action Plan
• 2010 Team of the Year – Naval Station Norfolk / Eric Salopek
• 2009 Team of the Year – Dahlgren / Karen Doran
• 2010 Awards - DEQ Staff Eric Salopek and Devlin Harris and the rest of the partnering team were “coined” on 11/1/10 by the commanders of the Naval Station Norfolk and Naval Support Activity Norfolk, with the Navy’s prestigious award for Environmental Restoration, for achieving the successful construction completion milestone.