This category is intended to recognize exemplary land conservation programs within the Commonwealth.
Entries in this category may be submitted by (a) business and industry with operating facilities located in Virginia; (b) government entities that own or manage land in Virginia; or (c) private land conservation and land trust organizations operating in Virginia.
Organizations who are active in land conservation but who are not eligible for the Land Conservation Projects category in a given year may wish to be considered in this category.
Judges may not evaluate an application for an entity or individual with which they are associated.
Judging Criteria for Land Conservation Program Category:
Applicants should address each of the following criteria:
Public Involvement, Partnerships and Outreach [20 points maximum]
- What methods are used to solicit public involvement?
- Who are significant partners and how are they involved?
- What kind of public information and outreach activities are undertaken?
Innovation in Land Conservation Funding [20 points maximum]
- Are innovative funding approproaches employed?
Leveraging Funding and Involving Partners [20 points maximum]
- How are funds leveraged for land conservation activities?
- How do partnerships advance funding efforts?
Combination with Public Land Use Goals [20 points maximum]
- How do land conservation activities support watershed management protection?
- How do land conservation activities support the protection of wetlands and other sensitive lands?
- How are land conservation activities integrated with public goals of growth management and economic development?
Community Support and Awareness [20 points maximum]
- How does the program generate community support and awareness for land conservation?
Blank Sample Form