The Virginia EMS Association (VEMSA) is an alliance of Virginia:
- Public entities, including local and state governments,
- Private business,
- Military and other federal facilities
- Colleges and universities.
VEMSA’s mission is to serve as:
- A collaboration of Environmental Management System (EMS) practitioners to support and celebrate each others' efforts;
- A mentoring/education system to promote and support EMS across the Commonwealth and across all sectors (can include EMS practitioners, entities interested in EMS, and consultants providing EMS-related services);
- A Virginia-based liaison organization committed to sharing information, ideas, strategies, and experiences with EMS.
The common thread of our association is active participation in DEQ's VEEP Program by the majority of the members and desire for ongoing and affordable EMS education opportunities.