This page has links to material for project sponsors and potential grantees seeking grants funded through the Virginia Water Quality Improvement Fund, EPA Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 117 - Chesapeake Bay Implementation Grant (CBIG), EPA CWA Section 117 - Chesapeake Bay Regulatory and Accountability Program, EPA Clean Water Act Section Nonpoint Source Pollution Implementation Grant (319H), NOAA Coastal Nonpoint Program, and other grant funds (e.g., National Fish and Wildlife Foundation Grants).
The manual provides useful information to ensure the proper acquisition, administration, management, reporting and tracking of grant project related information to support NPS activities. The manual also ensures the standard implementation of required grant policies and procedures.
The information below is from the Grant Project Management Manual, which was updated in April 2011. This manual provides quick reference to such topics as grantee reporting requirements, financial administration, general grant project administration, nonpoint source and BMP tracking, procurement, etc.
Download the entire 2011 Grant Project Management Manual.
Clarification on Federal Rules
If any grant received by DEQ's stormwater management staff has funds from EPA 319H, CBIG or CBRAP, the grant must adhere to terms and conditions specified in individual grant agreements. The information below is provided in order to provide up-to-date and reliable information to grantees regarding their obligations when receiving federal funds via DEQ:
As a sub-Grantee of these federal funds, the Grantee agrees that it shall comply with all applicable federal regulations and agrees to and recognizes that (1) these funds are subject to applicable U.S. Environmental Protection Agency statutory provisions and regulations; (2) the award is subject to the applicable provisions of (a) 40 CFR Chapter 1, Subchapter B, (b) 40 CFR Chapter 31 and 33, and (c) 2 CFR Part 215 (OMB Circular A-110), 2 CFR Part 220 (OMB Circular A-21), 2 CFR Part 225 (OMB Circular A-87), 2 CFR Part 230 (OMB Circular A-122) and (3) the Grantee shall abide by the other OMB Circulars, including A-133 (related to single audits) and A-102. These can be found at: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/browse/collectionCfr.action?collectionCode=CFR
- 2012 DCR-DSWM Federal Terms and Conditions (Attachment E (PDF))
- PART 30 - Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and and Agreements with Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals and other Nonprofit organizations (40 CFR vol 1, part 30 (PDF))
- PART 31 - Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Cooperative Agreements to State and Local Governments. (40 CFR vol 1, part 31 (PDF))
- Part 33 - Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in US Environmental Protection Agency Programs (40 CFR vol 1, part 33 (PDF))
- Cost Principles for Educational Institutions (2 CFR Part 215 and 220, OMB Circular A-21 (PDF))
- Cost Principles for Non-Profit Organizations (2 CFR Part 230, OMB Circular A-122 (PDF))
- Cost Principles for State, Local, and Indian Tribal Governments (2 CFR Part 225, OMB Circular A-87 (PDF))